Monday, January 23, 2012

Poached Salmon


I have NEVER in my life poached anything other than an egg...let alone a salmon...I googled poached salmon recipes and I found 3 of them that I liked and looked easy to do. Which in turn I combined them and came up with the following recipe. The salmon turned out OMGosh...the perfect bite..... Don't be scared of this...... way too easy....

Poached Salmon Recipe

1 to 1½ pounds salmon fillet
3 cups dry white wine is one full bottle of white wine(a good Sauvignon Blanc)
3 cups water
3 stacks celery, diced
3 carrots, diced

A few thin slices of a small yellow onion or half of a large yellow onion peeled and sliced thin.

Several sprigs of fresh dill or sprinkle of dried dill
A sprig of fresh parsley

Freshly ground black pepper, salt

Throw all the ingredients into a pan big enough to hold the salmon filet. Bring to a rolling boil. Gently place salmon is the boiling liquid, reduce heat to about medium. Cook for about 10 minutes or until salmon turns whitish in color.

I had to use my big turkey roasting pan. It was PERFECT size. I used double foil and made a top for the pan. When placing the filet in the pan I spooned the hot liquid over the salmon, sort of basting it. I did the "basting" 3 times during the 10 minute cooking process.

Served it immediately. I made a sour cream and fresh chives dip to go with the salmon. I had left over sour cream about half a carton (1/4 cup) and chopped up about 1/3 cup of fresh chives, stir together and serve on the side.

I will cook this again but next time I will cut the filet into serving size portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment