Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Doggie Cookies


During the last couple of weeks of the year when looking for a job becomes null and void I do some baking. I bake for the neighborhood and friends. This year I became very adapt in making Biscotti, but I have a few four legged friends too. So I found a few recipes on line and came up with this one. I use a dog bone and a kitty paw print cookie cutters for this. There are 3 versions just add either chicken stock or beef stock or water.

2 cups wheat flour
1 cup corn meal
12 oz chicken or beef stock or water
2 tbls oil

Mix altogether in a large bowl. Fold out onto floured board. Roll with floured rolling pin to about 1/4 inch in height. Press cookie cutter into dough. Place cookies onto a greased cookie sheet. Make as many cookies as the dough will allow about 40ish.

275* for 2 hours or 350* for 13 minutes.

Keep in storage tin or bag for up to 1 week or in frig for 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment