Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


I had a craving the other night so during a commercial on tv I made 6 chocolate covered strawberries.... I have never made them before...figured it would be easy and it was.

I put dark chocolate pieces into a heatproof medium glass bowl, melted the chocolate in the microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stirred and then heated for another minute or until melted.

Once the chocolate is melted and smooth set aside. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Use a spoon if need be to help cover the strawberry in chocolate.

I then placed the cookie sheet in the frig and let them cool down during the tv show. At the next commercial, I ate 2 of them. These will last a few days in the frig.

No comments:

Post a Comment