Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Beef Round Roast



Been looking for a way to cook the tougher round cut of beef. I do believe that I have found it. I have been doing some research and of course all the attempts have rendered a tough piece of meat. Then my last ditch effort today I found one that I thought might work and it did. So easy but it takes a long time so you need to time out your meal.


1 3 lb beef round roast
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 500* - this is important the oven must be at 500* when you put the meat in. So at least 45 minutes before you put in the meat turn on the oven to 500*.

I put the meat in my large black cast iron pan on a round rack.

Olive oil, salt and pepper the roast...place on rack...put in oven for 15 minutes...then turn oven OFF for 1 1/2 hours....DO NOT OPEN OVEN AT ALL....take roast out and wrap in foil and let sit for another 1/2 hour....then carve...this roast will be medium rare.....oh so good.

I would think that any cut of a less expensive roast would be really tasty done this way.

I paired the meat with roasted red potatoes. Cut up and tossed with olive oil and Lipton Onion Soup Mix and baked for 45 minutes at 350. Good pairing.

Easy and tasty....The perfect Bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment