Monday, April 2, 2012

Sage-Rubbed Pork Ribs with Sauteed Cabbage



Hello and sorry for being so long in a new recipe but I have been busy settling in to my new routine with a new part time job that is on the weekends. So I have had to change my cooking habits to during the week instead of the weekend because when I get home from Armstrong's garden Center I am exhausted and can barely move.

Sage-rubbed pork ribs from the Weekend Magazine, is this weeks try. The recipe called for pork chops but summertime pork ribs boneless were in the discount pile at Vons and they looked really good. Meaty and not much fat. So I used them instead.

2 pork ribs, boneless or 2 pork chops
1 tbls chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried (I have sage in my kitchen garden)
1 large clove of garlic minced (I used 3 since I love garlic)
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
2 tbls. olive oil

1/4 head cabbage, sliced thin


Combine all ingredients, except olive oil in a bowl. Wash ribs/chops and pat dry. Rub mixture all over meat and set aside for 15 minutes. Preheat a iron skillet, and olive oil and then add the meat. Sear on one side for 5 minutes, turn and sear on other side for 4 minutes. Remove meat and place on an oven proof plate, cover with foil and place in oven to rest.

Add, a tad more olive oil and butter and sliced cabbage. Add a splash of seasoned rice wine vinegar. Cook cabbage until wilted. About 10 to 15 minutes.

Place cabbage on plates...place ribs/chops on top of cabbage.

It was really good. The pork was juicy since it was allowed to sit for 15 minutes. It was just barely pink inside. Remember, "resting" meat still continues to cook. I would add applesauce on the side for this dish next time I make it.

There you have it easy-peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment